Wide Twist Chest of Nine Drawers (Mahogany)
Wonderful extra wide, solid mahogany chest of drawers. There is ample storage with nine drawers in all. 3 drawers make up the top row and below are a further three rows, each with 2 wide drawers increasing in height.
The chest sits on a plinth base and there is a twist carved column on each front edge with some detailed carving above to finish the traditional look perfectly.
Height: 80 Width: 160 Depth: 50 (All sizes are approximate)
Drawers: Top – Height 10 Width 45 / 2nd Row – Height 11 Width 68 / 3rd Row – Height 14 Width 68 / Bottom row – Height 17 Width 68 cm
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany real wood veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: None required.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!