Victorian Style Telephone Seat
Victorian design telephone seat with moulded and shaped seat frame which is solid mahogany. Available as either a left hand or right hand version. The upholstered seat has a buttoned back rest. To the side is the telephone table top and useful single drawer which is opened by way of a carved wooden handle. The chair sits on shaped and carved slender legs.
The telephone table was popular in the traditional home before the arrival of cordless phones and mobiles. However is still a wonderfully practical piece of hallway furniture or as an occasional seat in the living room.
Seat Right / Left Explained: As you stand looking at the telephone seat from the front decide which side you want the seat. If you want the seat on the right (and therefore the table on the left) choose Seat Right.
Height: 106 Width: 135 Depth: 60 (sizes are approximate).
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: None required.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced, machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!