Victorian Round Dining Table
Reproduction Victorian round dining table with carved pedestal base, supported on four sturdy carved legs. The table comes in two sections, the top and pedestal. Everything except the top is solid mahogany which is constructed using an excellent quality mahogany veneer. Read more about veneers – click here. Note: some of the smaller tops will be made with solid tops.
Round tables give a wonderful dining experience and create a great party atmosphere with all your guests being fully included in conversations. This is not possible in some larger rectangular dining tables so round tables are well worth considering if you have a dining space that suits.
Popular diameters are: 120; 140; 160; 180; & 200. We can also make this table in any other size if none of these are suitable. Please contact us for a price.
Standard height: 76 cm
Round Dining Table Seating Guide & Sizes
Remember to allow extra space as round tables generally take up more floor area than conventional rectangular tables, however if you have a room suits, maybe a bay window or curved wall then a round table is perfect.
Size Seats Circumference
140 cm (4’ 7”) 8 to 10 440 cm
160 cm (5’ 3”) 9 to 11 502 cm
180 cm (5’ 11”) 10 to 12 565 cm
200 cm (6’ 6”) 11 to 13 628 cm
These seating suggestions above are a guide only and the actual number of chairs that can fit around the table will depend on the width of the dining chair. We have included the circumference which maybe useful if you know the width of your chairs but remember that when pushing the chair under the table the circumference will decrease.
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: None required.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!