Victorian Drinks Bar with Canopy
Wonderful Victorian drinks bar in solid mahogany with traditional styling. The main sections of the bar front and back are covered by a canopy supported on carved posts. This design or variations of it can be found in many of our pubs and inns to this day. Behind the bar, in the serving area are numerous shelves and drawers. The bar is constructed in several pieces and can be made to measure.
The product is custom made for you and as such you can alter the layout of the storage sections which best suits your requirements. For example you might need a wine rack added or a space made to house a fridge. In addition you can alter the dimensions. Alteration maybe incur an extra charge.
Height: 200 Width: 200 Depth: 200 (sizes are approximate).
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: Delivered in a number of sections. Assembly is straight forward but does require assistance to manoeuvre the pieces and lift the canopy.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced, machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!