Victorian Dining Table Rectangular
Traditional but still a very impressive Victorian mahogany table. The top is rectangular and is supported by a set of turned and fluted legs. For the larger tables a central leg is required for extra support.
Everything except the top is solid mahogany which is constructed using an excellent quality mahogany veneer. Read more about veneers – click here.
The leaves are inserted in the traditional method by means of turning a handle which screws the table in or out.
Standard height: 76 cm
EXAMPLE: ‘150+50+50’ relates to a table size of total length 250cm, reducing to 200cm and then 150cm with both leaves removed. Standard sizes start at 120cm and go through to 330cm. OTHER SIZES can be made as required – please ask for details.
- Assembly: None required.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Hand crafted using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Extensive use of panelling which gives a wonderfully decorative style but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced, machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!