This wonderful bed has an eye catching head and footboard which are decorated with relief carving in solid mahogany. The tall imposing headboard is suspended between sturdy bed posts, the top edge of it is shaped with upward curves and is finished in the centre with a hand carved shell design. The four bed posts are topped with shaped finials and the bed sits on tulip shaped feet.
In the central area of the headboard of this Victorian style bed is a floral carved pattern surrounded by a shaped moulding. The footboard is likewise decorated with a matching design.
Standard Bed Sizes
Single – mattress size 3ft x 6ft 3in. Double – mattress size 4ft 6in x 6ft 3in
King – mattress size 5ft x 6ft 6in. Super King – mattress size 6ft x 6ft 6in
*Headboard height: 176cm Footboard height: 76cm*All sizes are approximate
These are standard UK bed sizes but we also specialise in making non standard bed sizes to suit your needs. So if your a tall rugby player looking for an extra long bed or need a width reduced to fit a tight space its no problem at all – please ask for details and get a quote.
This bed has slats which support the mattress – the flexibility of slats means excellent comfort PLUS this support method allows for airflow around the mattress so is especially hygienic.
The slats are laid the width of the bed and are supported each end by a strong baton attached to the inside of the side rails and then further supported in the centre by a thick and sturdy central rail.
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: Delivery in sections – some assembly required.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced, machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!