The seductive blend of hand woven rattan and solid mahogany finished in rich warm brown gives this bed a glamorous and enticing appeal. But you don’t have to choose this colour it looks just as stunning other wood or painted colours. The mahogany frame is constructed with some very pleasing curves and is decorated with hand carved floral designs. The rattan panels are expertly woven into the frame giving the a more open, less heavy feel.
The foot board is more lavish with a shaped central panel and the ends sweep around pleasantly giving this bed a unique look. The foot board rests on four carved bird head feet. The headboard feet are square to fit neatly against the skirting or wall.
Bed is delivered in easy to assemble sections (or we can assemble for you) ready to be dressed in your favourite colour scheme.
Head board height: 138 cm. Foot board height: 100 cm
Available in all the standard twin mattress sizes, as well as single or Emperor size. Please ask for details if your size is not listed in the drop down menu above.
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Rattan locally sourced from dried plant fibres – a natural product.
- Rattan is hand woven by skilled artisans.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: Delivery in sections – some assembly required.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced, machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!