Gentleman’s Valet Stand (Mahogany)
Gentleman’s Valet Stand or suit hanger with barley twist columns. This wonderful piece of bedroom furniture is evocative of elegant living and times gone by. Constructed and hand crafted in solid mahogany you can hang your suit jacket over the wide coat hanger, trousers can be hung on the front rail and shoes neatly placed on the resting rails below. There are two small drawers to hold cuff links, tie pins, watch and other accessories.
Height: 123 cm (4′) Width: 53 cm (21″) Depth: 46 cm (18″) (approx).
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Extensive use of panelling which give a wonderfully decorative style but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Construction is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected mahogany flame veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted and durable finishes.
- Final preparation is all pieces are hand polished with beeswax and buffed to bring out the depth of colour and grain.
- Handles and fitting in solid brass either with a polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- Wood sourced from sustainable plantations.
History of the Valet Stand
The valet stand was a popular piece of furniture from the second half of the 1800’s right the way through to the 1960,s when it fell out of favour as men’s styles changed rapidly to more modern and contemporary designs. Also sometimes called a cloth’s valet or gents valet it was a common item in many middle and upper class households.
Lately there has been a resurgence in our desire for all things vintage and along with this the valet stand has once again become an accepted piece of furniture in the discerning gentleman’s bedroom. After all it ticks all the right boxes being elegant and eye catching as well as very useful!