Tall Campaign Chest of Drawers (Mahogany) – Lift Up Top
Tall and handsome this chest of 6 drawers is part of our Campaign Collection all with very distinctive military styling. The drawers are arranged as 4 x full width drawers and 2 half drawers above.
A very special feature is a lift up top under which is a space, ideal for jewellery or similar items. The base of this box space is lined with a soft velvet fabric. Black velvet is the default colour although you can choose another colour as you wish.
The sides of the chest are panelled and the unit is perfectly finished with solid brass corner plates, corner straps between the drawers and matching round brass handles, either antiqued or shiny.
Height: 125 Width: 85 Depth: 45 (All sizes are approximate)
General Features – Tall Campaign Chest of Drawers (Mahogany)
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany real wood veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: None required.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!