Both practical and eye catching this stair shaped step storage cabinet is perfect in the living room or hallway. This interesting design fits well in many spaces but is particularly useful as an understair unit. As such it can be ordered as a left or right cabinet. It features seven drawers of varying sizes and a small two door display section with an internal shelf. There is also a further display shelf at the top with a glass door. The unit can also be ordered in other sizes and the number of drawers increased or decreased.
Right Cabinet: the top display shelf is on the right
Left Cabinet: the top display shelf is on the left (as the featured image above).
Height: 150 cm (4’9″) Width: 122 cm (4′) Depth: 30 cm (1′) (approx).
General Features – Step Storage Cabinet
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: None.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced, machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!