Single Pedestal Desk
Victorian era solid mahogany pedestal desk with 5 drawers in a single pedestal and larger central drawer above the wide knee hole. The left support is has grooved decoration and both the sides and back are panelled.
Height: 76 Width: 120 Depth: 65 (Sizes are approximate).
Additional InformationColour information Handle information Real / Faux leather information Bespoke information
Desks can be custom made to different sizes and drawer and cupboard configuration. More details are under the ‘Bespoke’ button on the menu bar.
Faux leather is included in the price. There is a small extra charge for real leather. Please state your requirements in the ‘additional information’ box found in the checkout OR by separate email.
General Features – Single Pedestal Desk (all drawers)
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: None.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!