Rope Twisted Four Poster Bed
This splendid bed boasts thick rope carved posts above the panelled foot board. The carved posts continue upward to support one end a full panelled canopy. The headboard which is also fully panelled supports the other end of the canopy.
Want your initials or coat of arms added to the head or footboard. We can do that! Please scroll down to see details.
Bed Dimensions (approx)
Overall Height: 200 cm.
The overall width and length are determined by the mattress size but typically add 10 cm to 15 cm to take account of the thickness of side rails or head and foot board. If space is tight please ask before ordering.
General Features – Rope Twisted Four Poster Bed
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: Delivery in sections – assembly required.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced, machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!
Bespoke Carving: Coat of Arms; Your Initials or Specialist Carvings.
Would you like to have your coat of arms or your initials expertly carved on this bed in the position and size of your choice. We can also personalise your bed with a carving of your choice on the head or foot board. In fact you can have this done on all our furniture so its not restricted to just beds although this seems to be the most popular! Pictures below show a couple of examples of personalised beds with coat of arms and initials.