Roll Top Bureau
A super bureau for a tidy office! There are two drawers each side at the top of the pedestals and a larger central drawer above the knee hole. Below the drawers on each side, is a filing drawer to hold standard suspension files. The wooden handles are carved on their upper surface and hollow underneath to pull the drawer open. Note there are two handles on the filing drawers to maintain the balanced look of this traditional bureau.
The top section has a ‘roll top’ lid which once opened reveals a compartment made up of the writing area of the desk. This is solid mahogany in the featured picture but it can be made with a leather insert – the choice is yours. To the back are numerous pigeon holes, shelves and small drawers to neatly store all your office equipment.
Height:126 Width:125 Depth:75 (Sizes are approximate).
Additional InformationColour information Handle information Real / Faux leather information Bespoke information
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: None required.
Leather or Faux Leather Tops & Gold Embossing
Many of our desks, & filing cabinets have real leather or faux leather tops as opposed to solid tops. Green faux leather (leatherette) is included in the price, a small charge is added for real leather. The modern faux leathers are extremely ‘leather like’ and have the added advantage of being easy to wipe clean, however there is nothing like the real thing so real leather is a popular option.
Colour Choices are: Green; Burgundy; Red; Black; Navy Blue; Brown; or Cream.
Gold embossing as a border around the leather can also be requested and a small extra cost. The embossing is applied by stencil with a standard pattern. Please note that embossing can only be done on real leather, it does not work well on the faux leather.
>Please state your requirements in the ‘additional information’ box found in the checkout OR by separate email.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!