Rococo Bed (Mahogany)
Splendidly lavish and ornate hand carved Rococo designed bed, a reproduction of the 18th century French Rococo style. This is a classic and would make a stunning focal point for any bedroom. Both the head and foot board are exquisitly carved with different flower and floral designs, other curved and looped carvings complete the patterns. All this is done by hand into solid mahogany. This bed can be ordered in natural wood stains but also looks exceptionally stunning painted white or cream.
The Rococo Bed is part of a bedroom suite and there are matching bedsides, chest of drawers, dressing table and wardrobe.
This bed takes standard UK mattress sizes. Remember overall width & length will be larger due to side rails, head & foot board. Allow around 15-20 cm (6-8″).
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: Delivery in sections – some assembly required.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced, machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!