Graceful and good-looking this bed has a light and delicate country feel. The rattan head and foot board give this bed a charm all of its own. The rest of the bed has a solid wood construction and rests on shell carved feet to match the subtle carving on the curved and shaped head and foot board.
Head board height: 120 cm. Footboard height: 178 cm
The carving on the head and foot board and the legs, as highlighted in these pictures below is quite understated but wonderfully enhances the overall look of the bed.
PLEASE NOTE: the pictures are from the same style bed but without full rattan. The carving is the same.
Additional InformationColour: More Information Bespoke: More Information
General Features – Rattan French Country Cottage Bed
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: Delivery in sections – some assembly required.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced, machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!