Queen Anne Four Poster Bed
The superbly carved headboard and barley twist posts in solid mahogany are the stunning feature of this bed. The panelled foot board rests on hand carved ball & claw feet. The rear feet are square to fit neatly against the bedroom wall. The magnificently carved posts support the canopy & curtain poles. Ready to be dressed in your favourite fabric.
Once assembled this bed is extremely solid. The mattress is supported on sturdy slats which in turn are supported by one or two substantial centre rails.
Sizes (UK standard mattresses).
Double: Overall bed size – H225 L213 W152 cm (mattress size 4’6” x 6’3”).
King: Overall bed size – H225 L220 W167 cm (mattress size 5′ x 6’6”).
Super King: Overall bed size – H225 L228 W201 cm (mattress size 6′ x 6’6”).
Want a different mattress size, European or extra large? Not a problem; please contact us for details.
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: Delivery in sections – some assembly required.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced, machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!