Sherwood Pedestal Desk with Ogee Feet (Mahogany)
Beautiful antique reproduction twin pedestal desk with ogee feet which are an alternative to the more normal plinth base. A truly eye catching desk to fit into any study or office space.
Constructed in solid mahogany, there are nine drawers in all giving ample storage space. The back is panelled and finished – so no need to hide against a wall! This is a classical and timeless pedestal desk with reeded carved columns bordering the pedestals and sits on period shaped ogee feet.
The top is split into three sections or inserts and these can be ordered with real leather or faux leather in a choice of colours. Please ask for details. Desks can be custom made to different sizes and also drawer and cupboard configuration. More details are under the ‘Bespoke’ button on the menu bar above.
Desk tops colours are (make you choice above when ordering): Green; Burgundy; Red; Black; Navy Blue; Brown; Cream. Faux leather is included in the price. For real leather & gold embossing there is a small extra charge – please ask for details. Please state your requirements in the ‘additional information’ box found in the checkout OR by separate email. More details below.
Standard: H76 W150 D84
Medium: H76 W160 D84
Large: H76 W180 D90
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: Delivery in sections – some assembly required.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced, machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!