Partners Desk (Mahogany)
A partners desk was so called because ‘partners’ such as two partners in a firm of solicitors sat opposit each other, the desk therefore needed to have a large working area and had drawers or cupboards both sides. Nowadays these desks tend to be slimer but you can still benefit from the extra storage space on the back, of course it would need to be placed away from the wall. The standard set up is with cupboard & drawers on both sides but is also available with other storage combinations to suit your needs.
This is a super example of an antique reproduction partners desk with Georgian styling. It is a classic, timeless pedestal desk with reeded carved columns bordering the pedestals. These desks are a wonderfully handsome piece of furniture to grace any study or office.
The distinctive three panelled top can be ordered with real leather or faux leather in a choice of colours. Please ask for details. Desks can be custom made to different sizes and also drawer and cupboard configuration. More details are under the ‘Bespoke’ button on the menu bar above.
Standard: H76 W160 D84 Medium: H76 W180 D90 Large: H76 W180 D100 Extra Large: H76 W200 D100 cm
Cable holes are optional – please let us know.
Cupboard left or right – you choose.
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: None required.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!
Leather or Faux Leather Tops & Gold Stencil
Many of our desks, & filing cabinets have real leather or faux leather tops as opposed to solid tops. Green faux leather (leatherette) is included in the price, a small charge is added for real leather. The modern faux leathers are extremely ‘leather like’ and have the added advantage of being easy to wipe clean, however there is nothing like the real thing so real leather is a popular option.
Colour Choices are: Green; Burgundy; Red; Black; Navy Blue; Brown; or Cream.
Gold stencilling as a border around the leather can also be requested at a small extra cost. The gold is applied by stencil with a standard pattern. Please note that stencilling can only be applied on real leather, it does not work on the faux leather.
You can have the partners desk made to your special requirements, for example the central drawer on this desk has been converted to a keyboard drawer