Super example of an antique reproduction Partners Desk (Mahogany) with Georgian styling. Constructed in solid mahogany, it is configured with a cupboard & drawer combination on both sides giving it a huge amount of storage space. This is a classical and timeless pedestal desk with reeded or fluted carved columns bordering the pedestals. These desks are a wonderfully handsome piece of furniture to grace any study or office.
The distinctive three panelled top can be ordered with real leather or faux leather in a choice of colours. Please ask for details. Desks can be custom made to different sizes and also drawer and cupboard configuration. More details are under the ‘Bespoke’ button on the menu bar above.
General Features – Partners Desk
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: None required.
Leather or Faux Leather Tops & Gold Embossing
Many of our desks, & filing cabinets have real leather or faux leather tops as opposed to solid tops. Green faux leather (leatherette) is included in the price, a small charge is added for real leather. The modern faux leathers are extremely ‘leather like’ and have the added advantage of being easy to wipe clean, however there is nothing like the real thing so real leather is a popular option.
Colour Choices are: Green; Burgundy; Red; Black; Navy Blue; Brown; or Cream.
Gold embossing as a border around the leather can also be requested and a small extra cost. The embossing is applied by stencil with a standard pattern. Please note that embossing can only be done on real leather, it does not work well on the faux leather.
>Please state your requirements in the ‘additional information’ box found in the checkout OR by separate email.