Narrow Roll Top Bureau
Unusual and useful mahogany study desk featuring a twin roller top. Behind each roll top is an array of small drawers and shelf areas with a central small cupboard in each. Our Narrow Roll Top Bureau is not only versatility it looks great as well! The lower of the roll tops hides a writing area and below this are what appears to be two drawers. In reality this is a flap down front which can be pulled out thus creating a useful working area which can hold a keyboard, laptop or iPad.
Further down and to the back of the kneehole are two cupboard doors with storage space. A very useful feature is that base shelf of the cupboard can be removed so for more leg room and a comfortable sitting position.
The is period piece offers a substantial amount of office storage but at the same time is only 29 inches wide and thus can fit neatly into most rooms either large or small.
Height:148 Width:73 Depth:61 (Sizes are approximate).
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: None required.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!