Louis XV Carved Console Table
Fine example of a reproduction French Louis XV period console table. The table is constructed in solid mahogany with ornately hand carved base and legs. Note the top which is wonderfully shaped at the front and the back is straight to fit neatly against a wall. The cabriole legs have rounded and shaped stretchers between them which are again hand carved and finish in the centre with carved floral design. A superb antique reproduction piece of the mid 18th Century to grace your hallway or drawing room.
Height: 80 Width: 120 Depth: 45 (sizes are approximate).
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: Delivery in sections – some assembly required.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced, machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!