Georgian Writing Desk
Georgian style writing table or desk with three drawers and solid brass handles. The top has a fluted band edging and ‘elephant ear’ corners. The three drawers have fluted corbels on either side. The elegant legs are matched with carved fluting and finished with solid brass feet caps.
Desk tops colours: Green; Burgundy; Red; Black; Navy Blue; Brown; Cream.
Faux leather is included in the price. There is an extra charge for real leather. Please state your requirements in the ‘additional information’ box found in the checkout OR by separate email.
Height:77 Width:125 Depth:64 (Sizes are approximate).
Additional InformationColours info Handles info Bespoke info
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: Some assembly maybe required.