Georgian Partners Desk with Filing Drawers (Mahogany)
Wonderfully handsome Georgian styled partners desk with four filing drawers, these hold both A4 and foolscap suspension files. Constructed in solid mahogany, there are also two drawers above the file drawers making eight drawers in all. This is a classical and timeless pedestal desk with reeded or fluted carved columns bordering the pedestals. These desks make working a luxury (well almost!!) but will certainly look great in any study or office.
The featured desk is in the mid brown mahogany colour and the top is wine red real leather – stunning!
The distinctive three panelled top can be ordered with a faux leather top which is included in the price or in real leather for an extra charge (please ask for a quote). There is choice of colours for both real and faux leather, see choices HERE. Desks can be custom made to different sizes and also drawer and cupboard configuration. More details are under the ‘Bespoke’ button on the menu bar above.
Please note: To fit 4 x filing drawers the depth of the desk has to be 100 cm. However if you need to reduce the depth, it is not a problem, you can opt for 2 x filing drawers on the front and standard drawers or cupboards on the back – please ask for detail.
Standard: H76 W160 D100
Large: H76 W180 D100
Plan drawing of the large desk (180 x 100 cm). Note: on some mobile devices you may need to click the ‘download pdf ‘ link to view.
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: Minor assembly – delivered in 3 sections. See instructions here.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!
Leather or Faux Leather Tops & Gold Embossing
Many of our desks, & filing cabinets have real leather or faux leather tops as opposed to solid tops. Green faux leather (leatherette) is included in the price, a small charge is added for real leather. The modern faux leathers are extremely ‘leather like’ and have the added advantage of being easy to wipe clean, however there is nothing like the real thing so real leather is a popular option.
Colour Choices are: Green; Burgundy; Red; Black; Navy Blue; Brown; or Cream. Plus some antiqued real leather choices which really suit this style desk.
Gold embossing as a border around the leather can also be requested and a small extra cost. The embossing is applied by stencil with a standard pattern. Please note that embossing can only be done on real leather, it does not work well on the faux leather.