Georgian 6 Drawer Filing & Office Storage Unit
Fantastic Georgian style filing cabinet with office storage hand made in beautiful solid mahogany. The carved side columns match the Georgian partners desk and other mahogany office furniture found on this website. This piece really is a bit special being the ultimate in adaptable luxury office furniture.
The 6 drawers can all be filing drawers or can have cupboard doors adapted for other uses, the choice is yours! For example the drawers can become cupboards for general office storage or even a hidden wine rack as in the picture above! Or you can choice whatever combination you wish.
1.) 6 Filing Dwrs: All 6 drawers as filing drawers to take suspension files.
2.) 3 Filing 3 Storage: Top 3 drawers as filing drawers, lower as 3 storage cupboards, central one as a wine rack.
3.) Choose your own option: 1 file drawer the rest cupboards etc, etc. – email us your own design.
Height: 82 Width: 160 Depth: 55 (All sizes are approximate).
Leatherette / Real Leather / Gold Stencilling
Our modern leatherette is an excellent imitation, is easy to clean and is included in the price. But of course, it is not real leather. If you want real leather there is a little extra cost, please ask for a quote.
Gold stencilling can also be done around the edges of real leather but not on the leatherette, please ask for a quote.
Additional InformationColour information Handle information Real / Faux leather information Bespoke information
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: Delivery in sections – some assembly required.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced, machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!
How to Order Variations
Online: Choose your options in the drop down menus above. If you want real leather use the leatherette box for the colour. Proceed to the checkout and in the ‘Order Notes’ box tell us you want real leather, gold stencilling or any other notes you want. In the payment section select the ‘Deposit’ option and click ‘Place Order’. No payment will be taken at this stage and we will email you a manually amended order with your requirements and payment options.
Email or Phone: drop us a quick email or phone us with your requirements and we will do the rest.
Foolscap or A4 Suspension Files
All our mahogany filing cabinets are supplied with adjustable brass hanging rails which can be set to either hold standard A4 suspension files or the larger foolscap files. The hanging rails rest in grooves in a brass plate located inside each drawer. Adjusting for foolscap or A4 paper is simply a matter of moving the left rail to the next groove or slot as seen in this picture.
A4 Suspension Files (Standard Files). Overall file width is 34cm.
Foolscap Suspension Files (Larger Files). Overall file width is 40.5cm