George III Bureau with Bookcase
Styled on the standard George III Bureau with the same tilt top lid and three full length drawers. The internal drawer layout is slightly different with an array of small drawers and shelves to keep the office tidy. resting on top of the bureau is a bookcase with 2 glass doors and 2 shelves. The glass has some wonderful fret work and the whole piece is edged with columns topped with brass finishing pieces. Option of having a leather insert in the inside of the lid – click ‘leatherette’ button above.
There is the option to have a faux or real leather insert in the writing surface. Faux leather (leatherette) is included in the price. There is a number of colour options, these you can see by clicking the ‘leatherette’ option box above. If you wish to have real leather there is a small extra charge, please ask for details.
Height:215 Width:101 Depth:51 (Sizes are approximate).
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: None required.
Leather or Faux Leather Tops & Gold Embossing
Many of our desks, & filing cabinets have real leather or faux leather tops as opposed to solid tops. Green faux leather (leatherette) is included in the price, a small charge is added for real leather. The modern faux leathers are extremely ‘leather like’ and have the added advantage of being easy to wipe clean, however there is nothing like the real thing so real leather is a popular option.
Colour Choices are: Green; Burgundy; Red; Black; Navy Blue; Brown; or Cream.
Gold embossing as a border around the leather can also be requested and a small extra cost. The embossing is applied by stencil with a standard pattern. Please note that embossing can only be done on real leather, it does not work well on the faux leather.
Please state your requirements in the ‘additional information’ box found in the checkout OR by separate email.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced, machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!