French Sleigh Bed (Twin Panel)
French sleigh bed with distinctive twin panels. This classical and timeless design of the sleigh bed is forever in fashion. The head and foot board have the classic sleigh shape, gently curving back and are decorated with a hand carved swirl on each corner. Also available as a single panel model.
Standard sizes are single, double, king or super king. NOTE: All these sizes are also available as single panel beds. Please see French Sleigh Bed (Single Panel) under mahogany beds. The light mahogany bed in the picture to the left is king size.
Wide range of colour choices from the traditional mahogany wood colours to more modern white painted finishes.
Overall lengths and width of the bed is plus 11″ and 5″ to the mattress size respectively. For example overall length of a king size bed is length of mattress 6’6″ + 11″ = 7′ 5″. Please note these sizes are approximate, please ask for details if a more accurate size is required.
Headboard Height – 98 cm. Footboard Height – 78 cm.
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: Some assembly required. See assembly instructions.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!