Empire Four Poster Bed (Mahogany)
Four poster pencil bed with flute hand carved posts in a floral leaf design, finishing at the top with a button shaped finial. The headboard is shaped and curved in the centre and is decorated a turned delicate finial in the middle.
Bed Dimensions (approx)
Double: Overall bed size – H203 L214 W152 cm (mattress size 4’6” x 6’3”).
King: Overall bed size – H205 L221 W167 cm (mattress size 5′ x 6’6”).
Super King: Overall bed size – H200 L221 W198 cm (mattress size 6′ x 6’6”).
Options[button href=”//akdfurniture.co.uk/colours-and-finishes/” colorstart=”#000000″ colorend=” #FFFFFF” colortext=”#FFFFFF” icon_size=”12″ class=”” target=”_blank” color=”acid-grey-1″ align=”vertical” width=”normal” icon=”” ]Colours > more info[/button] [button href=”//akdfurniture.co.uk/bespoke-furniture-service/” colorstart=”#000000″ colorend=” #FFFFFF” colortext=”#FFFFFF” icon_size=”12″ class=”” target=”_blank” color=”acid-grey-1″ align=”vertical” width=”normal” icon=”” ]Bespoke > more info[/button]
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: Delivery in sections – some assembly required.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced, machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!