Curved Back Sleigh Bed
Bed with a marvellously tall curved back headboard in the sleigh bed style but with a modern contemporary appearance. The foot board is also curved but in the opposite direction. The foot board is lower and finishes at the top with a grab rail below which is a small gap before the panel starts. The side rails have been hand carved with a row of grooves giving a reeded appearance.
Standard sizes are single, double, king or super king. However using our bespoke service you can also order other sizes such as the increasingly popular small double size. This takes a 4ft mattress or for tall people, an extra long size of 7ft (or more if required!). Please ask for details.
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: Delivery in sections – some assembly required.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced, machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!