Colonial Round Dining Table
Fantastic round dining table with hand carved central pedestal made for you in any size. The pedestal is one of the wonderful feature of this table. It is made up of four curved legs sitting on a shaped wooden plate. The round top has bull nose edging with a short ‘skirt’.
The table base and frame are solid mahogany however the top we have opted to constructed it using a real wood mahogany veneer. This not only means that the table top is very stable but also the grain from veneers are much more striking. However if you would like to have a solid mahogany top it is possible – please contact us. Read more about veneers – click here.
Round tables give a great dining experience. They create a fabulous party atmosphere with all your guests being fully included, no more being stuck at the end of the table!
Height 76 cm Diameter: Whatever you like! Standard sizes are in the drop down menu from 140 to 200 cm (other sizes available upon request)
Round Dining Table Seating Guide
Remember to allow extra space as round tables generally take up more floor area than conventional rectangular tables, however if you have a room suits, maybe a bay window or curved wall then a round table is perfect.
Size Seats Circumference
140 cm (4’ 7”) 6 to 8 440 cm
160 cm (5’ 3”) 8 to 10 502 cm
180 cm (5’ 11”) 10 to 12 565 cm
200 cm (6’ 6”) 12 to 14 628 cm
These seating suggestions above are a guide only based on chair width 40 to 45 cm The actual number of chairs that can fit around the table will depend on the width of the dining chair. We have included the circumference which maybe useful if you know the width of your chairs but remember that when pushing the chair under the table the circumference will decrease.
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: None required.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced, machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!