Colonial Pedestal Desk (Mahogany)
This extremely handsome Colonial Pedestal Desk is designed and styled from the colonial era. It is hand crafted by skilled carpenters and features fluted carved columns. The top consists of three slim drawers and below there are a further six good sized drawers, three in each pedestal all with solid brass handles in either antiqued or shiny finish. The back has been paid just as much attention as the front having smart hand polished panels which match the panelled sides. The desk writing surface is a good quality faux leather which is easy to maintain and keep clean and is available in a number of colours, however you can also choose to have real leather (extra charge applies – please ask for details). There is a choice of four sizes or in a made to measure size of your own!
Desks can be custom made to different sizes plus you can alter the drawer configuration to suit, for example by converting 2 of the drawers into a file drawer to hold suspension files. More details about this service are under the ‘Bespoke’ button on the menu bar above.
Desk tops colours: Green; Burgundy; Red; Black; Navy Blue; Brown; Cream.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT KNEEHOLE SIZES
The kneehole width of the smaller desk sizes can be restrictive – the 122 cm model has a kneehole width of 42 cm (in the centre). This can be increased by decreasing the width of the pedestals, however this means smaller drawers! Please ask before ordering if dimensions are a concern.
Small: H76 W122 D60
Standard: H76 W137 D76
Medium: H76 W152 D80
Large: H76 W170 D80
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: Supplied in 3 sections, minimal assembly required.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!