Colonial Pedestal Desk with Filing Drawers (Mahogany)
This extremely handsome Colonial Pedestal Desk is designed and styled from the colonial era. It is hand crafted and custom made by skilled carpenters and features fluted carved columns.
Main features are: three slim drawer across the top, an additional drawer and a filing drawer in each pedestal. Filing drawers hold suspension files and have false drawer fronts hence maintaining the desks timeless appearance. All drawers have locks. Brass handles.
The back has been paid just as much attention as the front having smart hand polished panels which match the panelled sides. The desk writing surface is a good quality faux leather which is easy to maintain and keep clean and is available in a number of colours, however you can also choose to have real leather (extra charge applies – please ask for details).
Desks can be custom made to different sizes plus you can alter the drawer configuration to suit, for example by converting some of the drawers into a cupboard or open sheves. More details about this service are under the ‘Bespoke’ button on the menu bar above.
Desk tops colours: Green; Burgundy; Red; Black; Navy Blue; Brown; Cream
H76 W190 D90 cm
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: Supplied in 3 sections, minimal assembly required.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!