Colonial Pedestal Computer Desk
With the combination of the old and new can give your office space a classical look whilst at the same time being practical. The left cupboard concealed with false drawer fronts can either be for storage or a tower PC. One the right there is a filing drawer to hold suspension files, again concealed with false drawer fronts. The central drawer has a flap down front for easy access. All handsomely finished with reeded or fluted carved columns bordering the pedestals.
Desks can be custom made to different sizes and drawer and cupboard configuration. More details are under the ‘Bespoke’ button on the menu bar.
Desk tops colours: Green; Burgundy; Red; Black; Navy Blue; Brown; Cream.
Faux leather is included in the price. There is a small extra charge for real leather. Please state your requirements in the ‘additional information’ box found in the checkout OR by separate email.
IMPORTANT NOT ABOUT KNEEHOLE SIZES
The kneehole width of the smaller desk sizes can,for some, be restrictive – the 122 cm model has a kneehole width of 42 cm (in the centre). This can be increased by decreasing the width of the pedestals, however this means smaller drawers! Please ask before ordering if dimensions are a concern.
Small: H76 W122 D60
Standard: H76 W137 D76
Medium: H76 W152 D80
Large: H76 W170 D80
Additional InformationColour information Handle information Real / Faux leather information Bespoke information
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: Supplied in 3 sections, minimal assembly required.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!