Colonial Open Bookcase (Mahogany)
Wonderfully stylish and popular the Colonial Open Bookcase is made in solid mahogany. The bookcase is bordered both sides with a carved column and a ‘hidden’ drawer runs along the top This gives it a traditional look and feel but this handsome piece would definitely not be out of place in any modern setting.
It comes comes in three standard sizes but can be custom made to suit a size of your choosing. The large size has five shelves, medium four, and small two shelves. The shelves are adjustable to suit different book heights.
Large H:180 W:92 D:34 Medium H:150 W:90 D:34 Small H:120 W:90 D:33
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: Shelves are separate otherwise no assembly required.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!