Colonial Drinks Bar (Mahogany)
Serve your drinks and cocktails in style with this impressive mahogany drinks bar. It is a definite head turner and would make a striking addition to any home.
The front of the bar is superbly panelled, each panel is bordered by a distinctive vertical ‘Colonial’ column, and the top is finished with rounded mouldings. The back (the business end!) has oodles of storage with six open spaces for storing glasses, bottles etc. There are 4 deep drawers to hold drinks accessories such as corkscrews, straws, utensils, cocktail decorations and so on. In addition there are several handy storage cubbyholes just under the top giving quick access to items such as napkins or a cutting board for lemons & limes.
This fabulous bar would also be ideal in a small hotel and even makes an excellent reception desk.
Left or right return
LEFT RETURN: Looking at the bar from the front the return (short side) is on the left.
RIGHT RETURN: Looking at the bar from the front the return (short side) is on the right.
Height: 105 Width: 170/93 Depth: 56 cm
Main shelves – H37 W36 D40 cm
Arm Shelves – H37 W27 D40 cm
Drawers: H17 W36 D30 cm
Note sizes are approximate: please ask if a particular shelf height or other dimension is required.
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: Delivery in sections – some assembly required.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced, machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!
Custom Made Options
The back of the Colonial Drinks Bar can be altered to suit your needs. Here are a couple of examples of changes that can be made. You can add a wine rack, a space for a small fridge, increase or decrease the number and size of the drawers or alter the layout and width of the shelves. In addition the dimensions of the bar can be altered to give you a truly bespoke solution.