Mahogany Executive Pedestal Desk with Real Leather Top
This wonderfully handsome executive desk is designed and styled from the colonial era, perfect for a luxury home office. It is hand crafted by skilled carpenters in solid mahogany and features fluted carved columns. The top is split into three sections each being covered in traditional green real leather.
There are three slim drawers along the the top and below there are a further six good sized drawers, three in each pedestal all with solid antiqued button brass handles (other handles available, see under handles information below). The back has been paid just as much attention as the front having smart hand polished panels which match the panelled sides.
Desks can be custom made to different sizes plus you can alter the drawer configuration to suit, for example by converting 2 of the drawers into a file drawer to hold suspension files. More details about this service are under the ‘Bespoke’ button on the menu bar above.
Split into three distinct sections with real leather inserts. The image above shows the green leather option but there are other traditional and more modern options to choose from. Click the link below under additional information to view options. (NOTE: actual colours may vary a little due to photography and device being viewed on).
Overall: H76 W170 D90 cm
Kneehole: H61 W64 cm
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: Supplied in 3 sections, minimal assembly required.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!