Chippendale Writing Table
Appealing two drawer Chippendale designed writing table / desk. The top can have either an insert covered in real or faux leather or alternatively can be ordered as a solid top. The edge of the top has ‘pie crust’ carving all the way round which is repeated below the drawers. The piece is supported on carved legs with ball and claw feet. Traditionally may have been used as a ladies writing desk in the drawing room or bedroom.
Height:78 Width:107 Depth:55 (Sizes are approximate).
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: Supplied in 3 sections, minimal assembly required.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!