Chippendale Oval End Dining Table
Antique reproduction Chippendale mahogany dining table. The top is oval ended and the edges are carved in a rope or ‘pie crust’ effect. The table is supported on carved legs ending in ball and claw feet. For the larger tables a central leg or pedestal is supplied for extra support.
Everything except the top is solid mahogany which is constructed using an excellent quality real wood mahogany veneer. Read more about veneers – click here. Please note if you wish to have a solid mahogany top you can still do this but please let us know.
The leaves are inserted in the traditional method by means of turning a handle which screws the table in or out.
EXAMPLE: ‘150+50+50’ relates to a table size of total length 250 cm, reducing to 200 cm and then 150 cm with both leaves removed. Standard sizes start at 120cm and go through to 330 cm. Click the drop down menu of the box above. OTHER SIZES can be made as required – please ask for details.
Standard depths are: 110 cm up to table 180+50; 120 cm over this size. However if you require different dimensions this is not a problem, please ask.
Additional InformationColour: More Information Bespoke: More Information
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: Delivery in sections – some assembly required.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced, machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!