Chippendale Escritoire Bureau
This beautifully timeless bureau or writing desk is constructed in solid mahogany and can be supplied with a solid wood top or with a leather insert as in the pictures.
Elegant and practical the bureau is made in the Chippendale style with the distinctive rope carved or pie crust edging. The carved ball and claw legs support a desk top (which can be solid or with a leather insert) having two drawers to the front opened by antique brass handles. A variety of smaller drawers, shelves and pigeon holes make up the rear section of the bureau. Perfect for storing all those office nick-knacks. Can you find the secret drawers??
Height: Table 78. Overall 107 Width:106 Depth:60 (Sizes are approximate).
Additional InformationColour information Handle information Real / Faux leather information Bespoke information
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: None required.
Leather or Faux Leather Tops & Gold Embossing
Many of our desks, & filing cabinets have real leather or faux leather tops as opposed to solid tops. Green faux leather (leatherette) is included in the price, a small charge is added for real leather. The modern faux leathers are extremely ‘leather like’ and have the added advantage of being easy to wipe clean, however there is nothing like the real thing so real leather is a popular option.
Colour Choices are: Green; Burgundy; Red; Black; Navy Blue; Brown; or Cream.
Gold embossing as a border around the leather can also be requested and a small extra cost. The embossing is applied by stencil with a standard pattern. Please note that embossing can only be done on real leather, it does not work well on the faux leather.
Please state your requirements in the ‘additional information’ box found in the checkout OR by separate email.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!