Small but perfectly formed Chippendale chest of four drawers constructed in solid mahogany. The drawer configuration of this piece gives it extra appeal. The top drawer is full length and below are three smaller drawers in a row. The centre drawer of which has a carved face. The sides are panelled and the front edges feature are carved columns. The top has carved ‘rope’ edging and the chest sits on cabriole legs with carved ball and claw feet. Between the front legs is a further stretch of hand carving in a traditional floral design.
Height: 80 Width: 95 Depth: 45 (sizes are approximate).
Additional InformationColour information Handle information Bespoke information
General Features – Chippendale Chest of Drawers
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: None required.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced, machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!