Carved Telephone Seat
Exquisitely carved mahogany frame with flower decoration. The seat can be ordered with the seat either left or right. The cabriole legs support an upholstered seat which has a chaise like arm rest being swept over. Beside the seat is a table top and single drawer with a carved wooden handle.
The telephone table was popular in the traditional home before the arrival of cordless phones and mobiles. However is still a wonderfully practical piece of hallway furniture or as an occasional seat in the living room.
Seat Right / Left Explained: As you stand looking at the telephone seat from the front decide which side you want the seat. If you want the seat on the right (and therefore the table on the left) choose Seat Right.
Height: 109 Width: 134 Depth: 60 (sizes are approximate).
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: None required.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced, machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!