Campaign Desk (Mahogany)
A very distinctive and handsome military style office desk. The writing surface is made up of a single panel insert covered in soft faux leather, below this are three draws with round brass handles. The centre drawer has a flap down front to store laptop or keyboard. This completes the top section. The right pedestal has three further drawers and the left pedestal is a very useful cupboard and shelf. The cupboard door is made up of false drawer fronts to maintain the distinctive and unique look of this contemporary piece.
Desks can be custom made to different sizes and drawer and cupboard configuration. More details are under the ‘Bespoke’ button on the menu bar.
Faux leather is included in the price. Real leather – there is a small extra cost. Please state your requirements in the ‘additional information’ box found in the checkout OR by separate email.
Standard – Height: 76 Width: 137 Depth: 50
Medium – Height: 76 Width: 152 Depth: 61
Large – Height: 76 Width: 170 Depth: 84 (Sizes are approximate).
- Timber is sourced from government controlled, sustainable plantations.
- Hand crafted in mahogany using traditional cabinet making techniques.
- Use of panelling gives a wonderfully decorative and stylish appearance but is also an excellent cabinet making practice.
- Furniture built with the extensive use of mortise, tenon, dovetail, and tongue & groove joints.
- Construction of our mahogany range is mainly solid mahogany but we also use selected flame or swirl mahogany veneers for panelling and large table tops.
- Hand stained in a variety of rich mahogany colours. Or a choice of painted, durable finishes.
- Final preparation – hand polished with beeswax (unless a painted finish is chosen) and buffed to bring out the depth and richness of the grain.
- Handles and fitting are solid brass. Choice of either polished or antique finish. Customers may also request wooden handles when appropriate.
- This item can be made to measure to any size – please ask for a quote.
- Assembly: Minimal assembly required – supplied in 3 sections.
Each piece of mahogany furniture that is made to order is constructed by hand for you. It is then hand sanded and finished in the colour of your choice. It is unique to you, in other words no other piece of furniture exists that is exactly the same.
Of course this does mean it takes time to make our furniture and our lead times are longer than mass produced machine made furniture – however we believe it is well worth the wait!